I just "inherited" a bike that has no rear derailleur or chain. It also looks like the cassette is pretty worn, so I'm thinking about replacing that too. I've looked around on the forum and I think I'm on the right track, but I'd love to hear from someone who knows what they're talking about (I don't). Here are the specs...
- Front chain ring - RaceFace 22-32-42
- Front Derailleur - shimano XTR (at least 10 years old)
- Shifters - Shimano xtr (also old)
- Current rear cassette - Shimano hyperglide - 12-32 8 speed - worn and looks ready to be replaced
Here what I'd like to buy. I chose it mostly because it's inexpensive. I'm trying to do this for under $100.
- Shimano HG 51 cassette 11-32T
- Shimano CN HG50 Chain
- Shimano Alivio RD-M410
I've read on the forum that the chain and cassette are compatible - I just want to make sure that all these bits and pieces work with the other parts on my bike.