Bicycles Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who build and repair bicycles, people who train cycling, or commute on bicycles. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for an alternative to the Speedlifter Twist:

The only function I'm interested in is the parking feature where I can turn my handlebar 90˚. I have a small apartment and it would really save a lot of space. I know of the flipphandle (, but it doesn't appear that the company ever actually put it into production. Has anyone seen anything affordable with similar functionality?

share|improve this question
The website seems down for fliphandle. Their facebook is here: – Benzo Aug 17 '12 at 16:46
Posted a question about purchasing on the flipphandle facebook page, but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm really interested in a solution to this, so I'll continue to keep this up to date with what I find. – Brizian Aug 21 '12 at 15:48
up vote 4 down vote accepted

There is the n'lock: Nlock. Which appears to be in production and come in a variety of sizes to fit different bars. I have no actual experience with them but it looks like it meets the requirements you set out.

share|improve this answer
Thanks! This is the closest I've come to finding an alternative, though I still can't believe there's no company in North America making a similar product. – Brizian Nov 14 '12 at 4:32

If you have quick release wheels you could remove your front wheel in order to turn the handlebars 90 degrees. You could also get something like thisquick release mount to make your fork a little more stable. Hang the wheel on the wall, or put it anywhere you have room. I'd rather not have a quick release mechanism on my headset.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.