I changed my shifters and need to change my front derailleur cable.
I just don't know how to proceed exactly.
A guide I found told me to:
- on big sprocket, small plate (is that the english word?? ;p), adjust the LOW screw so that the left side of the derailleur is 0-0.5mm away from the chain
- attach the cable
- on large plate small sprocket, adjust the HIGH screw to have the right side of the derailleur 0-0.5mm away from the chain
- adjust the barrel to get proper shifting for the middle ring
- Is that guide correct according to you?
- On step 2: in which position should the shifter be when attaching the cable? I would think on the largest ring position but I don't really know...
- I don't have any barrel on my front derailleur casing, but the shifter has 2 close positions for the middle ring (I guess this is what they call the trimming thing), does this compensate the lack of barrel?