Bicycles Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who build and repair bicycles, people who train cycling, or commute on bicycles. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for an online site where I can buy a derailleur hanger replacement for my GTS R5 road frame. The frame is the one in the picture (

I bought a derailer hanger (dropout 6) from amazon

but it's not the correct size/form.

I google for "GTS R5" and some other alternatives but I can't find a reliable place where they sell this Derailleur Hanger replacements.

Any help would be appreciated.

share|improve this question
I checked out and it looks like the main distributor are these ones: – Humber Mar 26 '13 at 14:33
It should be noted that you're not looking for a dropout, you're looking for a derailer hanger. – Daniel R Hicks Mar 26 '13 at 21:56
Thanks for the clarification. I thought that they where the same. I'll correct the question – Humber Mar 27 '13 at 13:22
Furthering @DanielRHicks comment: The dropout is the slot that the axle goes into. The derailleur hanger is the little protrusion that the derailleur bolts onto. On some frames it's all one piece and welded onto the frame. On other frames, the derailleur hanger is bolted on and removable. – jimirings Mar 28 '13 at 5:44

My local bike shop and I'm sure most others have a large "deraileur hanger" wall chart from Wheels Manufacturing or other supplier. The 170 plus pictures are life sized. All that is required is a visual match. Wheels Manufacturing has a database on their website but doesn't list a GTS R5. I would either visit your local shop or contact Wheels customer service dept.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.