Just want some opinion. I have a MTB bike, but I want to make it lighter. So here are some of my thoughts currently on what I think I should change:
- 700c rims and tires
- Cantilever brakes
- Rigid fork
The details of the bike are as below:
- Disc brakes
- 26er wheels with road slick
- Suspension fork
- Bike frame weighs 11kg with suspension fork without wheels
- Current wheel set (rim and tire) weigh 2kg
- 7x3 speed
- Flat handlebar
Other related questions:
- Should I change the gearing of the bike into that of a road (7x2 speed)?
- Should the 700c rims able to withstand 10-11kg of frame? (note that the rider is 75kg)
- The rear end of the bike does not seem to have a place to mount cantilever brakes, but has two small holes that can somewhat screw in something on each side the frame. What is it actually for?
Thanks for sharing your opinion and information.