Bicycles Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who build and repair bicycles, people who train cycling, or commute on bicycles. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In the photo below, what is the trainer that is attached to the bike? Are these custom fab?

spinning device

share|improve this question
What is it? It's weird! – Daniel R Hicks Jan 29 '14 at 21:04
It's made by Cinelli. Still looking for more info when I find time. – Kibbee Jan 29 '14 at 21:33
All I can say is that guy looks silly as hell wearing full road kit laying down with a weird trainer. A pair of old shorts and t-shirt would have done just fine without dirtying expensive bike clothes. – Carey Gregory Jan 30 '14 at 2:50
A Cinelli sponsored athlete using a Cinelli manufactured home trainer while wearing full kit with Cinelli all over it. I'd suggest this is some sort of promo photo or interview. – John Nye Mar 12 '14 at 13:35
It does look a bit like a 'creeper' used for sliding under cars to do mechanic work, with a custom frame bolted on. – Benzo Mar 12 '14 at 14:17
up vote 6 down vote accepted

The guy using it apparently is Hans-Henrik Oersted who was sponsered by chinelli. The company recently did a rerun of two jerseys to honor him. The picture can also be found on cinellis website about the jerseys so i wrote a request for information to their customer service. They answered it is a handmade trainer build especially for Hans-Henrik Oersted in the 80's. It was never for sale.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.