I am a proud owner of this guy. The crankset is
SRAM S1200, 36/22 and the FD is
SRAM X7, direct mount.
However, the cage on the FD broke, and I ordered this item in a hurry.
1) Dyna-Sys 10-speed design – for use with Dyna-Sys 10-speed MTB drivetrains. 2) Specifically developed for 68 and 73 mm bottom bracket shells with a 48.8 mm chain line 3) 66-69 degree chainstay to seat tube angle range. 4) 44-38 tooth outer ring compatible, total capacity 14 teeth
1) I have heard Shimano and SRAM FDs are compatible - is that true?
2) 73mm BB - check, 48.8mm chain line - how do I check this? Is it correct to measure with a ruler from the center of the frame to the middle of the two chainrings? I doubt I can get accurace better than a couple of mm.
3) 66-69 degrees chainstay - check - it it inscribed on the old FD.
4) The tooth capacity is OK, but my big ring is 2 teeth too large.
All in all, can this equipment work together or be made to work together, or do I need to toss it?