Bicycles Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who build and repair bicycles, people who train cycling, or commute on bicycles. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I got a used brifter and the faceplate fell off. I am pretty sure it was a 105. It works well enough but it looks shitty.

Does anyone know if I can just order whichever shimano brifter faceplate, and it will fit? If that was the case, I might just get one to match my other brifter (a tiagra, I think).

share|improve this question
Talking about things like this oviously: – user973810 Nov 11 '11 at 18:55
For anyone wondering what a brifter is, it's a combination between brake and shifter. I mention this since I had to look it up. – Colin Newell Nov 11 '11 at 19:45
Judging by the answers here, they aren't a standard interface. I think I'll ask at an LBS. – user973810 Nov 11 '11 at 22:21
It might be worth adding brakes and shifter tags, and perhaps tweaking the title to say brifters (brakes and shifters) because you are't getting too many views yet. That could be simply timing or it could be because people don't recognise the term. I think the actual interface is fairly common these days. – Colin Newell Nov 12 '11 at 5:29
up vote 3 down vote accepted

Short answer:

No they are not. Each model, and usually each year requires a specific face plate.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.