Been having some bottom bracket (BB) woes. Noticed a click on the top of the left pedal stroke decided to re-grease the BB. Took it apart cleaned everything re-greased, put it back together. Roll forward a week. Notice my cranks sticking here and there, gets progressively worse on the ride. Get it home and off the bike notice my bike has turned into a rain-stick (this provided no calming effect) Que another strip down of the BB. Upon inspection, I found all the bearing on the non lockring side of the where out of the cage, which now would no longer hold them. I pinched the cages with pilers to secure the ball bearings back in place. Re-greased repacked. Lifted my bike out today for my cycle to work jingle-jingle; LOOSE BEARING! Cycle to work was sub 3miles so risked it. Want to take care of this ASAP, so my questions are:
1. I figure I am over-tighting the bottom bracket, causing the damage to the cage, however what else could cause?
- Campagnolo Italian threaded
- plastic sleeve is in two parts, the smaller part pushes into the other.
- 2 caged bearings from memory 8/9 bearings in each cage.
- Two screw in cones one locking.
here is a pics of my spindle:
Brev whatever that means
2. What size bearing does an Italian threaded BB take?