I am just looking for a a new set of tires for my front suspension mountain bike (has a newer nicer fork on it now).
I mostly ride in the Gatineau Park in Eastern Ontario. The conditions are almost always dry. There is quite a bit of loose gravel and a good amount of hardpack. The terrine is pretty hilly and occasionally I find myself loosing traction on my rear tire while climbing.
Right now I am riding a pair of stock tires. Both tires are pretty cheap.
Am interesting in upgrading to get a bit more performance out of my bike. Would also like to reduce the rolling resistance.
- What difference will more expensive tires make?
- What width of tires will work best for the conditions described?
- What price range is reasonable for a good set of XC tires?
- Any other pieces of wisdom I should consider when choosing tires?
- Any examples of good tires for these conditions.