New answers tagged


You aren't going to be able to get those rivets out and replace the smallest chainring; it's not going to happen. Chainrings and the holes for the bolts are designed for tight tolerances and you'll never get it back together in a functional manner. Do I think you should try? Absolutely.


Depends on your budget, your requirements, and your mechanical aptitude. Plus how far down the slippery slope of knock-on upgrades you want to do on a BSO bike. Since the crank is riveted together, its unlikely to accept any bolt-on replacement chainrings. Though its possible the makers used rivets instead of bolts but used normal bolt chainrings. You'll ...

Top 50 recent answers are included