|visits||member for||1 year, 7 months|
|seen||Feb 5 at 14:22|
A freelance translator, born and living in Russia.
StackExchange Markdown help
"Nothing more true than not to trust your senses; And yet what are your other evidences?"
To read up:
1. True Light Verb vs. Vague Action Verb
2. aspect - In English the perfect construction does not express perfective aspect; that is expressed by the simple past form. The name perfect for the HAVE+past participle construction is a misleading historical accident. 3. PEU 90 - be with auxiliary do (CGEL: "lexical be"; Quirk et al - ? )
5. NICE auxiliaries criteria: negation, inversion, emphasis and code.
6. Quirk et al. p.839 - optative mood
8. I doubt this (all) the more - the as modifier or adverb
|bio||website||en.wiktionary.org/wiki/…||visits||member for||1 year, 7 months|
|location||Yekaterinburg, Russia||seen||Feb 5 at 14:22|
23 Votes Cast
|all time||by type|