I've recently picked up a 'beach cruiser' frame from a local free-add site. It was claimed to be a Huffy, however I can't seem to verify this (I've emailed Huffy and I'm awaiting their response, and in case it's not a Huffy I've posted here).

Frame Number is GH98142-- (Dashes represent last two escaped numbers), it looks like this: this.

  • 1
    Pretty generic, but there are odd-looking lugs on the BB shell, and on both sides of the rear dropouts that someone might recognize. Commented Apr 24, 2013 at 18:03
  • 1
    I'm thinking the stuff on the left of the rear dropout is for a coaster brake. Right side maybe for a cable for internal hub gears?
    – freiheit
    Commented Apr 24, 2013 at 23:07
  • Did you ever identify this frame? Did you do anything with it in the last 3 years?
    – Criggie
    Commented Aug 13, 2016 at 5:09

2 Answers 2


Huffy isn't one of those bike companies that has a "nice" well-organized** history, especially in light of its more-recent history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huffy#Financial_problems So if it is a Huffy, no one at the company will likely be able to confirm it. Additionally, these weren't very (at all?) sought-after bikes so there won't be a user-group maintaining a serial number database (like some high-end brands).

** meaning not bought/sold/rebranded/in-name-only


It looks a lot like my Dyno Beach Cruiser. Actually, I'm positive it is.

enter image description here

  • 1
    Welcome to Bicycles! Please check out the help center to learn how this site works, and in the meantime, use the shift key to stop SHOUTING.
    – andy256
    Commented Oct 11, 2015 at 1:51
  • Welcome to Bicycles SE. We're looking for answers with more detail. Please consider expanding your answer to explain what specifically makes you think this is a Dyno. While I'm not an expert in beach cruisers, the overall shape and design is fairly common to beach cruisers. A short, one-line answer like this is likely to get downvoted, flagged for moderator intervention, and possibly deleted.
    – jimchristie
    Commented Oct 13, 2015 at 22:07
  • 3
    The rear dropouts look very different to me.
    – JHCL
    Commented Oct 17, 2015 at 1:03

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.