I have recently purchased a bicycle from a second hand shop. It seems to have all sorts of different parts. The frame however has a badge and markings of 'Kontroll' made in West Germany. Doing some research I can't find anything about this make, is anyone familiar with this brand?

As it says West Germany this may date it to the 80's. It's a large frame which is handy as I am 6ft 6.

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 4
    A picture or three will likely help here.
    – Ken Hiatt
    May 28, 2013 at 20:58
  • how do i add a picture to this thread?
    – doug
    May 28, 2013 at 21:22
  • 4
    I'd place it somewhere in the 80s or maybe early 90s. Not a high-priced bike, though not a real cheapie either. Maybe a brand sold at discount stores. The frame is nicely lugged. Can you make out a brand stamp on the derailers or the levers? May 29, 2013 at 15:52
  • 1
    Does it say "Kontroll" somewhere else than in the third picture? Because there it stands for "control number" (used for guarantee)
    – unor
    May 30, 2013 at 11:02
  • 2
    I think this is a Kondor frame. It was a german manufacturer see here: fahrradsucht.de/kondor/kondor.php
    – Tobias
    Jun 27, 2013 at 8:11

1 Answer 1


That bike is a Swabian brand from Konrad Kotter (who had until 1982 and again in 1987 the professional racing team Kotter's Racing Team) that later went over to Albuch

The Albuch Kotter logo now looks like this:

Albuch Kotter Head tube logo

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.