So what is the correct number of quick sticks to swiftly change the tube? I had always thought that the answer is of course 2, but :
I only ever use one tire lever.
- Deflate the tube
- Use the lever to pull the tire lip over the rim opposite the stem
- Slide (with a little force) the lever around the rim until the entire lip is free
- Keep the other lip in the rim and remove the tube
- Slightly inflate the new tube and place it in the tire
- Shimmy the tire into place
- Start seating the lip from the stem and work around to the opposite side
- Use the tire lever (if necessary) to pry the lip back
- Inflate the tube and make sure the lib is clenched all around
I suppose that there could be a reason that this is the wrong approach. There may be a reason that using two levers is better. BUT, I always use one and haven't noticed a problem.