Last 20 mm of my new Fox 32 Talas 29" 130mm 2013 fork is not possible to reach. It gets quickly hard before the full travel. It is ridden for 150 km so far. Tested both on trail (hitting rocks on hard descents, yet no jumps from 2m or so) and statically.
I've heard the Talas is quite a progressive trail fork but I would describe this behaviour rather as an edge than progressive.
Without an air pressure, the full travel is possible to get (with squelching sound at the end) but as the pressure goes up the raising edge is killing the end.
- With very low pressure of 50 PSI the edge is still almost at the end
- With pressure of 75 PSI (optimum for my 80 kg) the last 20mm is just unreachable (neither on trail nor by pressing down hard)
- Behaviour at pressures around 65-85 is similar.
The fork is mounted on Specialized StumpJumper FSR Elite.
- Is it an error or a „feature“?
- Will it get better over time?
- Is it possible to set it up? E. g. by a tuning in a service centre. Or is that edge just a design not possible to tune?