My local bike shop have one of these green nozzles that anyone can use to pump their bike. They say that only companies can buy those, but I would really like such for my blue compressor.

What I like about this type is that there is no tap that needs to be flipped like so many pumps have.

Does anyone know what such nozzle is called and perhaps online shops that allow for end users to buy such?

enter image description here

enter image description here

2 Answers 2


It's just a standard schrader head. Locking heads are only needed for hand- or foot-pumps as you can't secure the head on while pumping the pump manually.

Any well-stocked automobile parts store will have a schrader head for an air-compressor that doesn't require a locking head. Schrader valves are the same valves used on your automobile tire.

For example, my local part supply store has this kit for $14. Just walk into a car parts store and ask for the tire-inflation attachment for your compressor.

enter image description here

Note that if your bike has a presta or dunlop valve, you'll need either an adapter or a different head.

Also, be careful when using an electric air compressor to inflate your tires. Your bike tires are very low-volume and it's easy to over-inflate and burst them. Set the pressure on the compressor as low as you can and don't trust the low pressure cut-off to react quick enough to save your tire.

In this case, your specific compressor (the Scheppach HC16w) has a maximum pressure of 8 bar (around 116 psi) and does not have a storage air-tank. Be careful when pumping up low-pressure tires (like regular bicycle tires) so that you don't over inflate them. You may have trouble inflating racing or road bike tires (100 psi+) and may have to top them off with a track pump.

  • That said I would advise against using a motor driven compressor to inflate bicycle tyres as the pressure might only fit MTBs and be too low for racing tyres.
    – Carel
    Commented Nov 16, 2014 at 9:01
  • 1
    Something useful to have might be something like Park Tool INF-1 so you can carefully set the pressures. Though in many cases, faffing around with an air compressor for one bike is probably slower than just using a track pump.
    – Batman
    Commented Nov 16, 2014 at 13:39
  • 1
    I have that kit, which I use with my Harbor Freight air tank. Stick with the simple stuff and you can get good stuff from them :)
    – joelmdev
    Commented Nov 16, 2014 at 17:04
  • 1
    Fat tires are the exception to that Batman....they take forever. Commented Nov 17, 2014 at 7:42

Search for "schrader chuck" or "schrader head", and take your pick. If you want one locally. any auto parts store should have a couple to choose from.

Alternatively, if you need a presta head, just switch the search terms. Silca makes a couple of popular ones.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.