Looking to set something up like this with bullhorns, can't find the part to attach shifter to bar.


1 Answer 1


Those look like a pair of Paul's Thumbies.

You can also just buy bar end shifters and attach them to the bars as well. This will likely be a lot cheaper provided the bar ends fit in the bullhorn you're using.

  • 2
    Correct, They are Paul Components.
    – zenbike
    Commented Apr 19, 2015 at 14:38
  • Thank you so much. I would vote you up if I could. I currently have bar ends on drop bars on my cross check. I am considering switching to bullhorns with brakes on the ends of the bullhorns and the shifters near the stem.
    – humanbeing
    Commented Apr 19, 2015 at 19:27
  • Of note, these are 26.0mm Paul's Thumbies. Those are the only ones with the hinge on that side with approximately the correct clamp diameter. You can find a very good photo album here: imgur.com/a/CZ9zf Unfortunately, they no longer make the 26.0mm version, but sometimes you can find them used.
    – TaborKelly
    Commented Aug 17, 2019 at 17:26
  • You could probably 3d print something with a few hours of work or something if you really want, I suppose. Or shimming.
    – Batman
    Commented Aug 18, 2019 at 0:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.