I have two threaded holes on the inside of my frame on my 2007 Stumpjumper FSR and I don't know what they are for.

enter image description here

Can anyone tell me why they're there?

  • It just occurred to me that they might be there to mount a remote valve for a brain shock or something...
    – ShemSeger
    Commented Jun 21, 2015 at 5:19
  • I've already used my quota of flippant comments today :-)
    – andy256
    Commented Jun 21, 2015 at 5:54

1 Answer 1


That's the mount for the Flow Control valve on the Specialized AFR Shock.

The shocks with flow valves came stock on the higher end models of the 2007 Stumpjumper FSR like the Expert, Pro and the S-Works Carbon frame:

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.