I am going to buy a new chain for my bike, and read the answers for this question: Is the durability of more expensive chains better than cheaper ones?
The accepted answer said, that there is no difference between inexpensive and expensive chains.
Then I googled and found this post where the author says, that Shimano chains are bad, and KMC - good. There is a difference in price:
- Cheap Chinese chain 116 links - $9.54 + free shipping
- KMC X9 chain 112 links - $14.89 + $4.04 shipping = $18.93
- KMC X9 chain 116 links - $27.46 + $7.37 shipping = $34.83
- Can I trust to the post author, suggesting to buy KMC chains?
- Why the 2-nd chain has only 112 link, while normally there are 116 for a 9 speed bike? I counted number of links in my current chain, and there are 104.
- Is the 3-rd chain better then the 2-nd? Seems to be the same model.