I want to get some spare inner tubes for my new road bike, but I'm unsure what size to get. On my tire it says the size is 700 x 25c and I know that 25 is the max width of the inner tube. So should I get 700x20-25c or 700x25-32c? I'm guessing 700x20-25c would be the safer option, correct?

2 Answers 2


As long as it is in the range you are good. You can even cheat outside the stated range a bit. Too big and you can fold. Too small and you stretch. If it is spare you are going to carry on the bike then the smaller.

  • Thanks Frisbee and @brendan. I'm going for the smaller one then.
    – Ruben
    Commented Jul 29, 2015 at 4:09

Either of those inner tubes are fine for that tyre. I'd recommend the smaller size since it's easier to get in the tyre without folds or twists.

  • 1
    And also a bit lighter.
    – Michael
    Commented Jul 29, 2015 at 7:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.