I'm looking at options for new winter footwear and am split between buying new boots (must be look/3 bolt, which seems to constrain options somewhat) or buying covers, specifically the neoprene style which zips up the back and exposed ones' cleats through the bottom.
I'm weighing pros and cons and would like to get others' thoughts as to their own experience with boots vs. covers. Also, I have wide feet and would need boots that fit accordingly (like a Lake wide or Sidi Mega) - not asking for a product recommendation but this constrains options and is an important consideration for me.
- Cheaper than new boots
- They must be taken on and off
- Aesthetically, they aren't pleasing
- Durability is a question
- Possibly more cold & water resistant
- More aesthetically pleasing
- Possibility of hard break in
- Possibility of worse fit than ones regular shoes
- Limited options for Look compared to SPD