Trying to fix up my 80s Triumph bike which has a Sturmey Archer 3 speed dynamo hub. The hub has two screws which connect to two cables. I think the hub generates an AC supply and powers a front and rear light.
Here are some photos:
So the things I'd like to achieve are, to:
1) identify the bulb so I can purchase two new ones
- think i may have found them! My lamp says 6 volts, 0.1 amps which i worked out as 6 volts and 0.6 Watts, maybe this one will work??.
2) be able to run an AC supply though the circuit to see if it works at all
3) see if the dynohub can generate an AC supply
- Would a multimeter help?
4) to find the name of the small metal plates that connect the wires to the screws on the Sturmey Archer hub
- I think they might be called hook connectors but not sure how to wire them up
Any help would be much appreciated. I've fallen at the first hurdle and cant even identify the bulbs!