This question already has an answer here:
- Best ways to avoid getting hit by cars? 15 answers
Today I nearly got hit by a driver not paying attention:
- I was stopped, waiting to turn right. She was turning right off the road. She did not indicate.
- It was a quiet residential area, daylight.
- The driver saw me around 1-2 seconds before stopping her car about 1/2 metre away from me by emergency stopping. The driver had dark shades, and looked like she was not paying attention when turning. I had to jump off my bike and run out of the way.
- She exclaimed "Sorry, you were in my blindspot".
- This is in England.
This is not the first time a driver has nearly hit me by reckless driving.
Id like the make the roads safer in general for all cyclists.
- What would happen to the driver if I had recorded this incident and reported it? Do I need video evidence? What is the official law? To me, a vehicle can be used as a weapon, and not paying attention could clearly be fatal.
- How would these consequences for the driver make the roads safer for cyclists in general?
- What actions are the government taking to make the roads safer for cyclists?