I've joined a local road racing league, it's lots of fun. I'm pushing myself and breaking lots of PBs in the process of trying not to get dropped (which I inevitably do).
As well as the craft of racing, I'm also learning about the logistical side of holding down a full time job and transporting myself + bike + kit to the various venues in time to sign on, get set up & get some time in on the rollers before briefing and race start.
So, currently my timetable for the day looks like this:
- 7:00 - get up, get self & kids ready (beakfast is usually porridge)
- 8:30 - leave for work
- 9:00 - arrive at work
* WHAT SHOULD I EAT AND AT WHAT TIMES DURING THIS PART OF THE DAY *
- 5:30 - leave work to drive somewhere
- 6:30 - or so, arrive at venue & get ready
- 7:00 - RACE!
- 8:30 - (or thereabouts) finish! (hopefully not last!)
Then pack everything up & go home drinking a protein shake thing that I make.
I also have the option to go the gym during the day, which I have been doing just to do a bit of stretching and mainly use the foam rollers.
So, as a vegetarian, what would be a good plan of what to eat and at what times in order to deliver myself to the start line as full of energy as possible? Races are all about 35 miles.