I have been riding a normal bicycle, I just purchased a used Sun EZ-3 SX Delta Trike. I only have about a dozen miles on it on a few short trips.
There is an answer here indicating some of the issues common to the model. Some of the things I have noticed. I am not complaining, just wondering what else to expect, and how the model/style impacts handling.
- Corner slower, you can't lean into them.
- Power to the right rear tire, makes the trike steer left.
- A bit of a wobble when coasting down hill, keep the speed under control
- Comfortable seating
- I can see where I am going without lifting my head unnaturally
- You can go slow (or stop) without tipping over
There are obvious issues that are inherent in a bigger heavier unit, like transporting in a car, or peddling up hill.
What handling differences are inherent to all tricycles? What are unique to specific designs?