Some saddles like Brooks have two tabs sticking down from the back, with a horizontal slot through each. What are these for? My guess is they are for certain kinds of saddle bags, but I don't really know. Is there a name for the slots (e.g. if I'm looking specifically for saddles that have that feature, what do I search for)?


1 Answer 1


You're totally right - they're for saddle bag straps.

enter image description here

I don't have a search term, but the word "roll" might get you further.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.