My bike has a crank that is so cheap that you won't find it mentioned on SRAM's web pages. This cheap crank is a Truvativ E450, and it has a square taper bottom bracket that is worn out and needs replacement. I have however noticed that there are multiple types of square taper bottom brackets, and since SRAM's web pages provide no useful information I was wondering if anyone could answer what kind of bottom bracket this crank uses?

  • 1
    Take out the current one and see if the measurements are on it. The kind of bottom bracket is dependent on both the frame and the crankset. – Kibbee Jun 20 '16 at 19:43

It's just an older style of BB. It's a square taper BB. Simply remove it and it should indicate width of the axle and the cup size (very likely 68mm). Then go order a Shimano BB-UN52 for less than $20 online. It'll outlast the rest of the bike. BTW, you can still find these cranksets on ebay. Good luck!

  • Pro tip: If it doesn't have numbers or you don't want to disassemble the bottom bracket before getting the new one, you can use a ruler to find out the measurements. – ojs Aug 21 '16 at 17:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.