Can anyone identify this part and where and how it goesenter image description here before the bike buckles under us when being ridden

I know its not a bottle holder as I have already installed those. Looks like a guard for something that has two screws close to one another

  • 2
    Derailleur guard, intended to protect the rear derailleur from impacts, many cheap bikes without break away dropouts use them as to avoid tweaking the frame from an impact with a tree, stone etc. Some people think they work others do not.
    – Nate W
    Sep 21 '16 at 18:20
  • @NateWengert That's an answer, not a comment.
    – Criggie
    Sep 21 '16 at 19:43

It's a rear derailleur guard.

Their effectiveness is often discussed on here.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.