On a magazine i saw a bike with a magnificent frame. I would love to know what model it is. Maybe someone can help me. Picture of the bike

  • 2
    Give us a clue! Which magazine, which country, what date, what was the caption, is there anything else in that issue that helps?
    – srank
    Oct 20, 2016 at 19:24
  • If it was that easy I wouldn't have asked ;-) It was a newer german magazine. But I don't own it, just took a photo.
    – Obl Tobl
    Oct 20, 2016 at 19:30
  • 3
    Right away one notes that the logo on the headset is for Specialized. Oct 20, 2016 at 22:31
  • It does say Crux on the chainstay too. Despite the quality of picture, its clearly modern cause of the disc brakes =)
    – Batman
    Oct 21, 2016 at 6:22
  • couldn't read that on the chainstay ;-) @Nikolai pointed me to the right model and his link to the right year, this frame is model 2014.
    – Obl Tobl
    Oct 21, 2016 at 6:25

2 Answers 2


As the answer above states, this bike is a Specialized E5 Crux. The one in question has the starburst color scheme. This bike has cyclocross geometry, but in the photo you posted the bike has slicks on instead of typical knobby cyclocross tires.

Simply google specialized crux starburst and plenty of photos will crop up.

enter image description here

  • THAT'S exactly what i was looking for! Thank you!
    – Obl Tobl
    Oct 21, 2016 at 4:13
  • 1
    Wow. That colour scheme is straight out of the 1980s :-)
    – John M
    Oct 21, 2016 at 12:43

Looks a lot like a Specialized Crux cyclo cross bike / frame. There are various versions around. Here is one in a different colour: http://www.rutlandcycling.com/314372/products/2016-specialized-crux-e5-cyclocross-frameset-cyan-pink-yellow.aspx Has the extra piece in the rear triangle near the left dropout:

enter image description here

Also: enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.