Statistically speaking you are much more likely to die from skydiving. Or, since someone is going to say, "but we don't parachute", is that more likely to being hit by a skydiver belonging to an unopened parachute? All seriousness aside, there are several things that a person is more likely to die from than cycling no matter the road. But then the question is which roads are more dangerous than others and maybe should be avoided. I like Rider_X's statement that the decision is a personal assessment issue because it really is just that.
I can only speak for myself and like me, some cyclist are comfortable on any road, at almost any conditions. If your alert and always aware of what is going on behind you then the risk is minimized. But then I have been riding on roads of every type for for 38 years. We can call this type 'A'. However, other cyclist, especially ones new to cycling, are understandably cautious and nervous around motor vehicle traffic. Especially thicker traffic on busier roads at higher speeds. We can call this type 'B'
Comfort does come with experience, confidence and mileage. But that doesn't mean that EVERY cyclist should bide on EVERY road at EVERY time. Since type 'A' feels very comfortable , he is less likely to make a dangerous mistake or do something unpredictable to confuse motorists and he feels perfectly calm and at ease. He is accustomed from almost 300,000 miles of bicycling to know where passing cars are from the sound of their tires hitting the pavement. He doesn't have to even look behind him or have a rear view mirror (Not advocating not having a rear view mirror) to know if motor vehicles are getting too close. Whereas, rider type 'B' does not have the same experience and confidence. Bottom line to this story is that even though I am comfortable on just about any road, there are still some roads and condition I try to avoid at certain times.
My experience from tens of thousands of miles
I have always found that the majority of motorist are alert enough to see and steer clear of slower moving vehicles. I used to say it was 97% and the other 3 percent had to not be paying attention just as they pass you and they may still miss you. But with today's handheld devices, motorist are more distracted than ever. Its not unheard of to see a motorist driving down a road with a device in from of their face while moving which is illegal in every state in the USA and probably every country I would imagine. All that being said, the motorist that i have the most problem with by far are the one that either don't think bicycles are allowed on the roads or should be on the roads or just upset that they have to deal with a bicyclist and try to come as close as they can to you on purpose as if to try and make a statement. Those are the ones you have to look out for the most. Even though they are paying attention, since they are trying to get close, they could get so close as to cause a critical mistake.
Your particular Road
That particular road does not look that long in the picture if your in the middle taking the photo. It does not have any shoulder to dive off on though and if there was another road nearby that was better, I would take it. Even if it takes you a half or even 1 mile out of the way. The average traveling time by bicycle to cover a mile id roughly 3 minutes give or take 30 second depending on if your faster or slower than average.
My criteria is to assess as many things as possible aside from my own comfort level as:
Thickness of traffic at the time of day I plan to use it.
Will I be commuting while near dawn or dusk and how lighted is the road.
Are there blind hills and curves
Speed of traffic
Type of driver predominately traveling this particular road
Road condition including pavement style, evenness, age (cracks and pothole), existence of a shoulder, layout, design,
Type of vehicles using it. How many larger vehicles like trucks aas compared to the number of cars.
Not an all inclusive list by any means.
One last notable thing - LIGHTS
We have a retired guy in our club that rides with his lady friend on a tandem and they have about eight lights on their bike that they run at all times. With today's LED lighting you can have lights that are so bright they will make you stick out in the day time like a riding lawnmower going 70 mph on an interstate. My friends have been told by several motorist that they were almost blinded by their light in the day time. So you can always make yourself much more visible.