How do you change Campy down tube C-Record indexed shifters to be friction shifters? I don't like index shifters as they limit your options with the cassette you can use.

Mine are Campagnolo Veloce.

  • Can you point us to the part that you're using? I don't see a Campy Veloce downtube shifter to begin with.
    – Batman
    Commented Mar 16, 2017 at 3:33

1 Answer 1


I'm not familiar with those shifters but perhaps this will be of assistance: Campy Syncro 2 shifters

The left/front shifter is a standard friction shifter.

To convert (the right one) to pure friction, you can actually just remove the springs and optionally the boss collar -- the springs are all that is required to (re)move.

  • 1
    @Criggie Thanks for that, I normally would have done so but quite honestly, I'm more than a little out of my depth with a lot of Campy's stuff and didn't want to confuse anybody by making assumptions. Commented Mar 16, 2017 at 4:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.