Please help me to identify this part. The pictures show rear wheel.

Picture 1 Picture 2

UPD: It is more like an adaptor to connect to the bicycle.

  • Is it even "a part"? It looks like it's just a piece of decorative trim on the gear mechanism. Jun 5 '17 at 7:38
  • 1
    If you open the screw visible in the bottom picture, I believe you can pull away the gear-changing mechanism and the plastic part will stay attached to the hub. It belongs to the pin that is actuated to change gears in the hub. Jun 5 '17 at 7:49
  • 15
    OMG oil your chain
    – paparazzo
    Jun 5 '17 at 9:27
  • 1
    I'd call it the "adjustment indicator" and you view it through a window or viewport. Setting the cable tension right should result in the indicator (triangle or arrowhead) being between two lines in/on the window.
    – Criggie
    Jun 5 '17 at 10:51
  • 2
    Its very unlikely to be a part you can order directly. More probably you'd need the whole unit. Or find/buy a donor bike and scavenge parts from it.
    – Criggie
    Jun 5 '17 at 10:52

I believe the plastic part is similar to the one identified by number 21/22 in the diagram below. I don't have a name for it, though. I am also not suggesting that this is the exact model that is on this bike but I believe it is the same principle.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.