Does anybody know what type of tire is SCHWALBE CITIZEN ACTIVE? I have a tiny punctures in it and have no idea how to fix. May be I wrong but I think it is tubeless. Should I bring it to service or is it possible to fix myself?

Update: Tyre is attached to rim with some tape. Image below enter image description here

  • Unless you were given a little bottle of sealant when you bought it -- and you've been adding sealant every six months -- it's unlikely that it's tubeless.
    – RoboKaren
    Jun 23, 2017 at 13:50
  • Fixing a puncture is easy -- but it's best to look over someone's shoulder the first time you do it. Have you bike shop do it this time (5-15 eurodollars) and ask if you can watch. Many bike stores also offer basic maintenance classes.
    – RoboKaren
    Jun 23, 2017 at 13:51
  • That is rim tape. It is not attacked to the tire. How would you get inside a tire to tape it?
    – paparazzo
    Jun 23, 2017 at 15:51
  • You absolutely right. It wasn't attached, I didn't get it from first glance. Thanks!
    – user33410
    Jun 23, 2017 at 17:18

1 Answer 1


A quick google shows https://www.schwalbe.com/en/tour-reader/citizen.html

Its a straightforward clincher tyre that may be used tubeless, but may be used with a tube.

Best thing to do is take the tyre off and see if there's a tube inside.

Do note that tubeless tyres can be run with tubes perfectly well.

From https://www.schwalbe.com/en/tour-reader/citizen.html

From there, your question devolves to either :

how to fix a puncture in a tubeless tyre or

to patch or replace a tube? followed by either: how to fix a puncture in a tube tyre or how to replace a tube in a tyre

  • I was trying to take it off but found that it is glued with some kind of tape. Also when I bought the bicycle I haven't got any sealant.
    – user33410
    Jun 23, 2017 at 14:22
  • I was trying to google about different kind of tyre repairs but haven't seen in any video that a tire is glued with tape
    – user33410
    Jun 23, 2017 at 14:25
  • 1
    Added picture to the post
    – user33410
    Jun 23, 2017 at 14:31
  • 2
    That tape is there to cover where the spokes attach to the rim so that the sharp edges to not puncture the inner tube. I would also look up a YouTube video on basic tire and tube removal and replacement.
    – Nate W
    Jun 23, 2017 at 18:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.