So I'm a bike noob in terms that my bike is certainly new, and since I bought it I've had problems with it.
So this time, I've figured where the problem comes from, it's the rear casette exactly, once it's under load, it makes a creak sound, which at high speed, sounds like a click, and in the past used to be just a click, very loud, it has been reduced to a softer creak now; let me make a timeline of important events.
- It was clicking awfully and louder, when on load.
- The bike shop changed the freewheel.
- It started creaking softer, still would click at fast speeds.
- The bike shop changed the pedals, bottom bracket.
- Nothing happened, it was still the same if not worse.
- I started playing with the rear cassete and derraulier, it got better for a little while; it got fixed the day it rained, somehow.
- Creak/click is coming back, I found a way to replicate the load, and it replicates the sound, definitely the cassette; even grabbing the casette and rotating it with your bare hands makes the same sound; I was not strong enough with only one hand to do it in the video.
What do you think it is? should I complain for the 7th time in the bike shop but this time tell them exactly what it is? anyway the more information the better, so at least I can talk with property.
Here's the video where I show my homemade attempt.
Also I'm surprised this is exactly the same exact sound that it does when I climb (thanks youtube):this is 100% the same.