My ebike has been acting weird lately, and I need help figuring out why. It's my daily driver, so I'm hesitant to turn it in for service, as that would probably take at least a month. The bike's one of these. It's built to follow Norwegian/European requirements, which means it has a pedal-assist sensor and a max speed of 25 km/h. It also has e-brakes, meaning the motor is disengaged at the slightest use of the brake handles. Settings are pretty limited with three assistance settings (low, mid, high), in addition to a walk-assist button and the on/off switch. It's mostly stored indoors, both at home and at work. It's only left outside for shorter periods of time when I'm visiting friends and family.
- The motor sometimes does not work at all, and only provides assistance in short, inconsistent bursts, completely disregarding set assistance level.
- The motor will be always on, disregarding the pedal-assist requirement, just blasting full throttle unless I squeeze the brakes.
- The on/off button seems to work fine. As in, when the bike has the battery connected but is switched off, the motor does not engage.
- Most of the time, the bike works perfectly.
- Possibly coincidental, but the incidents have always happened on/after rainy days.
- I first experienced this after leaving the bike unused while on vacation for 3 weeks.
- All incidents have occurred on a fully or near fully charged battery.
- This is somehow related to a wet battery-connection.
- Pedal-assist sensor is broken.
- Ebrakes are not working properly.
The battery and connector both look fine. I have not yet inspected the wiring or the motor itself. I am grateful for any assistance with how to proceed. Thanks!