What is the name of the component outlined in red in the image, that seats the head of the brake cable?

enter image description here

  • 1
    Brake cable anchor? Oct 18, 2017 at 15:04
  • Have you lost yours ?
    – Criggie
    Oct 19, 2017 at 8:45
  • Criggie - The one on the opposite STI to the one in the picture came without the white plastic ends. Cable can still be seated with just the middle part of the cable hook, but not as intended.
    – user34810
    Nov 1, 2017 at 20:31

2 Answers 2


This part is officially called "cable hook" and "cable hook unit" in Shimano docs. See attached image (I won't link it because the PDF is not hosted by Shimano) and this document (page 7).

Tourney STI blow chart


It is indeed called a Cable Hook, and can be bought here: https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/shimano-str700-cable-hook-unit-6cu-9805/

  • Good finding. Do you have any affiliation or association with that site? If so, SE rules require you to say so clearly.
    – Criggie
    Oct 24, 2017 at 18:43
  • @Criggie No affiliation at all. I have shopped there a few times, they are my go-to shop for obscure bike parts.
    – jaknudsen
    Oct 26, 2017 at 7:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.