enter image description here

This is an older Specialized MTB bike, I want to know the name of the frame so I can research the repairs.

  • 6
    You almost certainly don't need to know the model name to repair the bike. – David Richerby Nov 23 '17 at 1:11
  • 6
    The bike uses reasonably generic components. You do not need to know the specific model to obtain parts. – Daniel R Hicks Nov 23 '17 at 1:17
  • If you really want to know the model, please add a clear picture from the drive side. and a close up picture of the crank/chainrings and rear derailleur. – Argenti Apparatus Nov 23 '17 at 1:20
  • 3
    The model is written on the top tube. It's a Hardrock. But you'd need the serial number to know which specific Hardrock and which specific year. – shoover Nov 23 '17 at 4:05
  • 1
    Colour photo would help. Head over to bikepedia.com and look though, Spec. Hardrock. My guess is early 2000 or late 1990's (V Brakes and 1 1/8" steerer) bikepedia.com/QuickBike/… – mattnz Nov 23 '17 at 8:56

Hard to know - its not a great photo. But we can see its got QRs and rim brakes, no suspension and what look like rotary or grip shifters.

There's a threadless steerer though, so its not a quill stem which would be a BSO grade (ie super cheap)

So you're looking at a low-end model from the late 90s I think. Possibly early 2000s.

Your best bet is to dig through a google image search of specialised hybrid/commuter bike frames and look for a match. Its quite tedious. Or https://www.bikepedia.com/Year.aspx?search=specialized

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.