I have been riding bicycles for quite a long time now, but have never done it on city roads. Instead, I have been riding a rented bike in a park which has specific bike lanes (the same size as the car lane) and doing laps (it has sealed roads).
Now I want ride for my commute, but have no experience riding on roads with other cars.
I'm going to be buying a bicycle, but have no idea where to start looking. Here are my ideal features / requirements:
- Somewhere below $600 USD (but the cheaper the better)
- Good for riding on city roads and in traffic
- My commute would be about 3-4km, I don't know if that changes anything
- Fairly good for riding up hills (I live in quite a hilly area)
- Hopefully still fun to ride
Is anybody able to give me some recommendations, pointers in the right direction or specific types / features to look into?
One time I was at somewhere hiring a bike and I really liked it, I'm fairly sure that it was an Avanti Giro F1, so possibly something similar?
Thanks and sorry for my newbie question, hopefully it isn't too broad ;P
P.S. I'm male