I have a road bike with Look pedals that I would like to ride with SPD pedals, are they any adapters to the cleats that would allow me to do it?

  • 5
    Perhaps you'd rather replace them with SPD pedals?
    – bipll
    Commented Apr 9, 2018 at 21:50
  • 1
    If your shoes can take a two-bolt cleat, just change the cleats. If you want to use the shoes on two different bikes, it will be best to have a second pair of shoes. Otherwise an adapter plate between 2/3 holes is your best plan.
    – Criggie
    Commented Apr 10, 2018 at 0:31
  • Change the Look pedals to SPD pedals. You may get quite inexpensive single sided SPD pedals that almost look like road pedals and that won't 'disfigure' a road bike.
    – Carel
    Commented Apr 10, 2018 at 7:42

1 Answer 1


I take your question to mean you have road style 3 bolt cleat shoes, but want to use them with Shimano SPD type pedals that need a 2 bolt cleat. You are looking for a way to attach 2 bolt SPD cleats to the 3 bolt shoes.

Another way of putting it is you need a Shimano SPD to SPD-R adapter (SPD-R (road) cleats use 3 bolt attachment).

Yes, there are adapters available. Specific product recommendations or shopping help are off topic here so I wont link to a specific product, but try Googling 'Shimano SPD SPD-R adapter'.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.