Recently I bought a new bike which has the following characteristics:
- Size of frames: M (44cm) / L (48cm) / XL (52cm)
- Wheel size / Number of gears: 26 "/ 21
- Frame: HI-TEN Steel
- Fork: HI-TEN steel fixed 26"
- Hedsch: A -HEAD 1-1 / 8 "
- Stem: ZOOM, Steel A-HEAD, ML 80mm / XL 110mm
I'm not a bike expert, but a friend of mine made a negative remark about the hi-ten frame saying that he would prefer an aluminium bike frame, or maybe another kind of steel.
I'm mainly going to use this bike to get around through my city, and nothing serious like mountaneering etc. I would like to know what issues can the hi-ten steel frame cause and should I change it for another one (aluminium frame bike) if I can?