I've been looking some days for different wheel options and it looks like it is really hard to find rims that fulfill the following:
- Deep rims (40mm or more)
- At least 32-36 spokes
- Durable (reliable for touring)
- Reasonably priced (range 400-600€ both)
- Don´t have to be ultralight but not much more than 1kg.
I really like riding with deep rims but I found only pre-built wheels in the following two categories:
- Entry level: Wheels have the aero form just for aesthetics and usually are pretty bad, low number of spokes, crap hubs... Around 100-300€ per set.
- Really expensive wheels of carbon fiber starting at around 1000€ per set.
Why is not there something in between? Is not there enough interest for such wheels? I think I have just seen 2 o 3 models which could fit and one of them is hard to get from Europe.