I bought a second hand Specialized AWOL Evo a while ago. I have problems with my wrist so I bought it as a last try on dropped bars with the backup plan to change the bars to a flat bar or maybe a really flared dropped bar. Maybe in combination with a Velo Orange Cigne stem.
What I didn't realize was that it's not just to change the bars. The light switch is in the right side of the drop and the USB charger plug is in the top of the stem. All cables runs up and down inside the steerer tube down to the fork.
The previous owner had fiddled with the electricity so the USB plug doesn't work (I got a good discount on that) but I'm not bothered. I'll never use that anyways. He had also moved the rear light (when he removed the rear rack) cutting cables in the rear (that I have restored now since I use a rear rack). I'll rewire the front part as it's really messy rewired as well.
Here is what I would like to do but I'm not sure how. Feel free to tell me if it's just plain stupid :)
- Remove the USB plug
- Get a new on/of switch - installed almost anywhere but maybe just below the top tube?
- What kind of switch should I buy?
- Or if that's too hard just buy a new E3-light with the built in switch?
The specifications are:
- Supernova E3 PURE 3 front light
- Supernova E3 TAIL LIGHT 2
- Supernova The plug USB charger
- Shimano Dynamo DH-3D32-QR
Are there any other solutions or ideas?
Thanks a million and sorry the long question. I'll update here once I find a good solution for it.