I have a couple of Cycliq cameras that use this 1/8 turn connector. What type of connector is the other end (the two protrusions with a hole through them)?

Side view of Cycliq Universal Connector

Front view of Cycliq Universal Connector

Photos taken from https://www.wildfiresports.com.au/cycliq-universal-adaptor

2 Answers 2


The two circular holes will mount to a Go-Pro type mount. This is clever as the Go-Pro mount is available for a wide variety of surfaces include suction cups, helmet mounts, sticky mounts, handlebars, selfie poles and the like.

go pro mount kit

Notice the adapter has two tabs and a hole. That's a "downward" facing part, so its to go into a matching part with three tabs and the bolt/nut for retention.

Here's a gopro camera showing the two downward tabs in clear plastic:


So your adapter is intended to have the circle side facing upward, to mount the Cycliq light onto a gopro mount on the bike, not to mount a camera.

  • 1
    Go-pro mounts are becoming quite standard now for action cameras and other accessories.
    – Chris H
    Jul 16, 2018 at 8:14

To me it looks like a variant of Garmin cycling GPS mount:

garmin mount

However, your mount has four notches, not two. Maybe it is compatible with something else.

EDIT: Googling for the names and images reveals what this adapter is compatible with - Cyclic's own lights:


light too

Source: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/cycliq-fly6ce-fly12ce-first-look.html

  • 2
    Thanks, but the question is what the other end connects to. Jul 16, 2018 at 5:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.