I've damaged the rear derailleur on my bike, and it needs to be replaced. I don't really have an LBS. I've looked around online, but I can't seem to find a correct replacement. I should clarify that both the derailleur and the mounting bracket are damaged.

Where can I find a replacement for my derailleur?

This is a picture of the bracket, removed from the bicycle.

  • 2
    Tourney and it's variations/clones are probably the most widespread rear derailleurs. If some place nearby sells new bikes, I'd go and ask there. Or check out local online ad boards. – Klaster_1 Jul 20 '18 at 1:49
  • 1
    It was like the second one I saw when I Googled RD-TZ 40 ME. – Daniel R Hicks Jul 20 '18 at 2:10
  • @DanielRHicks What do you mean? When I did the same search, the derailleurs seemed to not have the correct brackets. – Ishyishy Jul 20 '18 at 2:52
  • 5
    The "hanger" is separate from the derailer. Remove that bolt in the center of your picture and the hanger comes off. – Daniel R Hicks Jul 20 '18 at 2:55
  • 1
    I agree with Daniel - you've merged the frame-specific hanger with the generic derailleur into one object. – Criggie Jul 20 '18 at 4:16

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.