I bought a new bike about a month ago. And it made a strange sound from the first ride , I thought the sound was because it was new and will disappear with time but it didn't. The sound is like a sudden collision of the chain with the gears and it lasts for about a second and happens when I am pedaling under pressure ( for example pedaling up hill ) so I filmed the rear part of the chain in slow mo.
Some important points:
- the derailleurs are fully adjusted and the shifts work fine
- I tried using WD 40 on the gears but didn't work
- the rear derailleur hanger is not bent
- the slip happens every about 5 minutes on straight roads and about every 30 seconds on uphills
- At the point of the sound, the pedaling feels very easy for that second ( almost no resistance at all )