I just bought a used Cetma front rack and I'm looking for these types of "clamps". I need the right diameter for BMX handlebars so 22.2mm I believe in diameter (7/8 inch). Does anyone know what they are called so I can't search for them online or ask for them in a hardware store? I kind of assume these are some kind of standard off the shelf parts I can get and not custom made by the guy who makes Cetma racks.

enter image description here

enter image description here


Found out those "clamps" are called conduit hangers:


| improve this answer | |
  • 2
    Nice work - excellent knowledge sharing. The caveats, for a 93 cent item it won't be particularly rust resistant, so use assembly grease. The edges could score your bars, more so if mounted near or on a bend so consider using a layer of bartape or something around the bars. Finally, there's a lot of vibration on a bike, so use a crinkle washer, or lock two nuts together, or threadlocker to stop the whole thing coming loose. And that adds some level of theft defence too. – Criggie Aug 21 '18 at 7:42
  • 2
    The bolts in your image look to be stainless steel, whereas the homedepot link has cheaper bolts. – Criggie Aug 21 '18 at 7:43
  • 1
    @Criggie Thanks for the heads up about material. I didn't pay attention to that at all. The details about how to deal with the vibrations and rust are much appreciated. – leearng Aug 22 '18 at 19:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.