I have post mount TRP Spyre calipers, how can I upgrade to flat mount Ultegra calipers? are there adapters available? I've only seen adapters for flat to post.


I think there are no adapters on the market to use flat-mount calipers on a post mount fork, so your options are:

  • Get a flat mount fork and Ultegra caliper you want. I actually did that, the additional price will depend on new/secondhand and no-name/open mold/brand name factors.
  • Get any post mount Shimano hydraulic caliper, those are all compatible. There's no actual Ultegra post mount calipers, but prior to R8000, Shimano made a non-group, Ultegra-level ST-RS685/BR-RS785 shifters/calipers, so you might use a BR-RS785 or slightly older BR-R785 (actually an XT).
|improve this answer|||||
  • BR-RS785 has a straight hose connection while BR-R785 has the banjo. So go with BR-RS785, or Deore BR-M6000. Both are directly compatible with OP's other parts. – John Zwinck Aug 26 '18 at 5:11
  • Yeah, but the banjo connector doesn't matter much unless there's a tight clearance. Just a matter of what hose to get. – Klaster_1 Aug 26 '18 at 9:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.