I have post mount TRP Spyre calipers, how can I upgrade to flat mount Ultegra calipers? are there adapters available? I've only seen adapters for flat to post.

  • I've closed this as a dupe of the other linked question because it had an accepted answer and was 6 months older. Did you ever complete this job? If so, feel free to add your own answer sharing how it went and what challenges you faced.
    – Criggie
    May 25 '20 at 23:46

I think there are no adapters on the market to use flat-mount calipers on a post mount fork, so your options are:

  • Get a flat mount fork and Ultegra caliper you want. I actually did that, the additional price will depend on new/secondhand and no-name/open mold/brand name factors.
  • Get any post mount Shimano hydraulic caliper, those are all compatible. There's no actual Ultegra post mount calipers, but prior to R8000, Shimano made a non-group, Ultegra-level ST-RS685/BR-RS785 shifters/calipers, so you might use a BR-RS785 or slightly older BR-R785 (actually an XT).
  • BR-RS785 has a straight hose connection while BR-R785 has the banjo. So go with BR-RS785, or Deore BR-M6000. Both are directly compatible with OP's other parts. Aug 26 '18 at 5:11
  • Yeah, but the banjo connector doesn't matter much unless there's a tight clearance. Just a matter of what hose to get.
    – Klaster_1
    Aug 26 '18 at 9:33

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.