Most wheels have an axle that needs to be connected to a frame from both sides. What are wheels called that only need to be connected from one side?

enter image description here

I'm looking to buy wheels like this and for that I need to know what they are called.


1 Answer 1


What you are looking for is wheels with hubs that can accept or have a stub axle.

Googling 'bicycle trailer wheels', 'bicycle trailer hub' or 'wheelchair hub' will yield some results.

There are bicycle trailer kits available that include stub axle wheels, axle mounting brackets and hitches.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.